Saturday, May 26, 2012

Do not stand at my grave and weep

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft star-shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.
 
by Mary Elizabeth Frye 
 
 A beautiful, beautiful poem. Just a few, simple words...and in them holding such profound truths! Amazing! 
 
I'd donate my body, but I think I'd still want a grave though. Would b nice if someone comes and cries a li'l sometimes. Guess I've a long way to go before I learn to let go.

2 comments:

Tareq Alam said...

I am not familiar with the work of Mary Elizabeth Frye, but this is absolutely beautiful. This has such a bittersweet depth behind it. Thanks for sharing this beautiful verse in your blog.I'm on my way to become a fan of Mar Elizabeth Frye

nitai said...

thanks for your valuable writing