Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Affirm Life



"There is life here. anyone reading this is breathing, maybe hurting, but breathing for sure. and if there is any light to come, it will shine from the eyes of those who look for peace and justice after the rubble and rhetoric are cleared and the phoenix has risen.

Affirm life.
Affirm life.
We got to carry each other now.
You are either with life, or against it.
Affirm life."

I wanted to show Abid, my bro, the videos I found today. My bro doesn’t care much about poetry but he stayed up till 4 am in the morning downloading all the Suheir Hammad videos he could. (We got a shitty line at home, not as fast as the one I got at work.) And we watched them over and over and over again. We are still watching them. I know I linked this one just 2 posts back, but I just wanted it to keep it on top here, on full view. The shift to Dave’s stand up comedy down there was probably too hasty.

No comments: