Thursday, October 18, 2007

true love

[good thing I wrote this on a toilet paper. Wasn’t a total loss. For what its worth, I meant every word.]

You ask me if I’ve ever seen it
- love of a true kind,
The kind we all read about,
but could never really find.
I tell you I haven’t seen it.
But wouldn’t mind if I do.
Call me crazy but I’ve got a feeling,
You wouldn’t mind much too.

You say that it don’t exist.
You say it cannot be.
But all the time you long for it,
And you want it all for free.
You keep on taking as it comes.
Then you take some more,
And when you are asked to give a li'l,
You’ll believe in it no more.

           Aint nobody gonna clip my wings
           Aint nobody gonna take my space
           Aint nobody gonna slow me down
           Aint nobody gonna cost me a race.

Then you’d bitch about how they all done you wrong,
and love walked out the door.

You want it to be ‘perfect’, - ‘Perfect’ as in easy.
Like things’d just happen right, life will just be breezy.
You want to cash in on the divine lottery one time
and bank on it for life.
Ridiculous. Don’t you think?

Here’s a thought -

Nature may give you crops
but a farmer's still gotta work the fields.
Eyes may show you the colors
but the artist must toil to bring ‘em together on a masterpiece
The mind may know a million words
but you gotta put in a pice of you soul to weave a good poem.
What makes you think love will be cheaper?

If only you’d open your heart
as easily as you spread your thighs…

5 comments:

Morticia of Mirth said...

nice one :)

weatherman said...

Trying to give me a boost eh? I c what u r trying to do. U r way too kind lady! :p

Morticia of Mirth said...

why can't you take 'nice' plain and simple?! Things doesnt have to be 'your all that'!

Unknown said...

I'd have liked to see the toilet paper.
u should have put photographs of it on.
so, did you write this in the bathroom?
oh man.

weatherman said...

Lol...actually, I was thinking about putting up a picture of it here. But, now its too late, if you know what I mean.

Nope, not in a toilet. Actually I was in a caffe, and they didnt have any paper so I helped myself to some of it from the rest room. (A)