Thursday, October 11, 2007

777

For quite a few years now, I’ve been feeling that I’m getting dumber; the brain is slowing down with each passing month and its taking longer to do math, all sorts of math. The other night I was thinking the same thing and since I wasn’t feeling up to doing anything else, decided to work the head a little by trying a few multiplications in the head. Did just one – 5333 by 13. Took me about 3 minutes but I got it correct. Guess doing it on paper would have taken less time. Anyhow, I was happy just to be able to do it.

I thought about the stupid Number 23 movie and started doing all sorts of funny calculations with my name, date of birth and stuff about people I know or used to know. Instead of 23, I started seeing 777 everywhere and got kinda carried away. I saw it even in places it didn’t need to be and tried to figure out how it related to other things around it and all – that’s how obsessed I became with the silly thing. It wasn’t until 5 in the morning that I realized that I was dead tired, had to wake up in two hours and had a long day ahead of me.

Damn! I need a life!

4 comments:

nalumoni said...

i do random calculations in my head too. :|

Anonymous said...

I used to play multiplications in my head too. Ok so why not 5333 by 13. I came up with the result in about 8 sec. Then I opened windows cal and checked. I was wayy off from accuracy. So, I'm dumber than windows. Big deal. I never saw a windows walking into salams hotel for a cup of tea with his friends from Kindergarten.

weatherman said...

Nowal - I'm sure you are better at it. =)

Zb - Love the way you do math. (y)(y)

Unknown said...

owww.. is that why you asked me about the book i bought about numbers? It was 'The Universal History of Numbers'. But there is another interesting book in Words n' Pages ... about interesting numerical phenomena.