Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Starfire

I want to write for you, to youBut I fear, That you'd sense my fear

And not like it, because you aren't like it

For you've never known it nor have you ever

Wanted to know it

That which lives in the heart of the weak

And breaths falsehood and deceit.


I want to write to you, only you

But I fear 

That the calm and steady fire in you,

The Starfire that is you 

Will see

Right through it all, right through me -

The fragile shell, the shape of fear

Creeping along, looking to be near

You,

Starfire,

Starfire,

Beaming softly yet burning true

And the sad fearful creep

wants to creep towards you

 

For warmth, the warmth

That brings back

The decaying 

and the dead, 

or,

If nothing else,

For a burning end 

To fear instead.

No comments: