Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Mercury down


Mercury is a test site we use to try out our recent developments. It is offline since morning. So I have a very good excuse to kill the time in here. Was browsing through the web gallaries. I dont know much about paintings, I just visit sites with pictures on them. Sometimes there are little stories with paintings of mythological, or religious events. This makes it even better.

Heres one that I liked. Its Venus and Mars by Botticelli. As you can see Mars is a tired tough guy taking a nap while beautiful Venus is watching him. And little 'fauns' (the li'l tykes with horns and tails) are playing around. Its supposed to be an allegoric thingy. I just liked the picture.

You can check out more of these at http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/b/botticel/.

No comments: