Thursday, January 28, 2010

voice of honest indignation

"Isaiah answer'd. 'I saw no God, nor heard any, in a finite organical perception; but my senses discover'd the infinite in every thing, and as I was then perswaded, & remain confirm'd, that the voice of honest indignation is the voice of God, I cared not for consequences but wrote.'
Then I asked: 'does a firm perswasion that a thing is so, make it so?'
He replied: 'All poets believe that it does, & in ages of imagination this firm perswasion removed mountains"

~ William Blake
The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

1 comment:

goatman said...

Blake always confused me, bouncing around between Heaven and Hell as he does.
I prefer the simple .. I see God in every person, in every tree, in every happy deed done, and rejoice in the simplicity of those sights.

Just my desire to keep it simple,I guess.