Monday, April 24, 2006

rebel without a clue

Last night on msn I signed in with the nick ‘rebel without a clue’. Dunno what I was thinking when I took it up. Shakia came online and laughed her ass off. Obviously she found the ‘rebellious’ me quite ridiculous. Then we debated the issue for a while. I WON. (That is I babbled way to much bullshit and she got exhausted)

Anyway, while I was at it, I remembered something I read a long time back. Here it is:

He with body waged a fight,
But body won; it walks upright.

Then he struggled with the heart;
Innocence and peace depart.

Then he struggled with the mind;
His proud heart he left behind.

Now his wars on God begin;
At stroke of midnight God shall win.

-- W. B. Yeats, The Four Ages of Man

If you feel like reading more - http://www.poetry-archive.com/y/yeats_w_b.html

To the real rebels out there, don’t let this turn you off. Just go on and do what you gotta do. Cause even if you as a person make no difference, your work may last longer than you think. If you cant seem to find a war worth finding, may be you are just looking too hard. There is a lot going on around you that the rebel in you can make better. Good luck and Godspeed.

No comments: