Sunday, May 06, 2007

Great Expectations

I just realized I love Ethan Hawk movies. Been moved by a hell lot of them. Loved Gatacca, Training Day, the one in which he is a reporter and solves a mystery to get the husband of his boyhood lover off the hook and tonight, Great Expectations. (Hear he was brilliant in Dead Poet’s Society as well but I don’t really remember. I also hear girls don’t dig him much. What nonsense!)

I loved the book when I was a child. Loved it when I reread it after I grew up. I loved the movie too. I hear people don’t think much of it. They simplified it a lot, as Holywood often does. But I still loved it.

All that hurting in the movie, people do worse in real life. All that good in the movie, hope people do better than that in the real world. But one thing is for sure. You got to stick around for long enough, do your best, hope and find out. May be time will make it all worthwhile.

And its raining outside. For once Weatherman didn’t know it was gonna come. Think I’ll go watch it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now we should always appreciate good things. That’s why I declare this post the worse one ever. Who's with me?

weatherman said...

I'm with you dude! Count me in =D

Unknown said...

try before sunset. & reality bites.

weatherman said...

saw both of 'em! Great movies. Wonder why I forgot to name them!